Sunday, September 11, 2011

Forever changed.

As we remember what little we saw on September 11, 2001 we still ache for the lose.
Though I was small, I remember the terror and sadness on my parents faces and how they spent the whole day watching the buildings. I remember watching them explode. How horrified the people on the screen looked.
I don't remember much from then, but its a great part of my life now.
Though I wasn't there watching them fall, or feeling the smoke and dust in my lungs and my heavy heart sink
Though I never heard the cries of the people or felt the pain of knowing they will never sit by you again,
I cry.
I shed  tears on this day for the lost, the loved, for the grieve of another and their pain
even though that not mine. It still feels like bullet through my heart and I pray for them. To heal the holes in their own souls. To be even stronger than they were.
This nation is changed forever.

never forget

9/11

No comments: